Gordon Road Evangelical Church
Reformed Evangelical / Posted 2 years ago / 46 views
What We Believe
- There is one true Eternal Living God, three persons in one. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- That God has revealed Himself through His Word the Bible.
- The Bible is completely reliable and without error, being the only authority for all we believe, teach and practice.
- God is actively speaking to people today through His word the Bible, changing and transforming lives through His grace.
- The Gospel, God’s good news, is for sinful people of every nation. Through its preaching ruined lives are transformed.
- Salvation is through Christ alone, not through good works or human effort. It is a free gift received by all who truly repent and by faith receive Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- Every true believer should want to confess their Lord through Believers Baptism by immersion.
- All who receive Jesus Christ by faith are saved, this salvation based solely upon the fact that Jesus Christ God’s Son became incarnate, took flesh and lived in this world a real man, yet without sin. Being perfect, He became a substitute for sinners, paying the penalty for sin through His death upon the cross. God the Father being satisfied with that sacrifice grants salvation to all who repent and seek his mercy.
- Jesus Christ was buried and rose again on the third day from the dead and ascended into Heaven and is seated on the right hand of the Majesty on high, and will return again in great glory to reign upon the earth to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the eternal security of every believer, that once saved by grace will be kept by the power of God through life until death and then received into glory.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body, that when Christ returns in glory we shall be incorruptible and changed into the likeness of our Lord.
- We preach the Doctrines of Grace & proclaim and stand firmly on the faith held by great Reformation saints.
We have two services each Sunday at 11am and 6.30pm.
We use the Authorised Version of the Bible and sing from Christian Hymns.
The services consist of four hymns, prayer, a Bible reading and a sermon.