The Gospel Hall, Upper Hill Street
Brethren (Gospel Halls) / Posted 2 years ago / 97 views
The Christians who gather unto the name of the Lord Jesus in this assembly desire to walk in obedience to the word of God, and in acknowledgement of the divine inspiration, authority and sufficiency of the scriptures, (the Bible).
We are not connected with any cult or sect – we just have personal experience of having proved the Bible to be the living Word of God, knowing the joy of sins forgiven and the blessing of living with God’s help.
The fundamental basis of our gatherings is briefly stated below.
1. Salvation through faith in Christ alone. (John 14:6, Acts 4:12.), i.e. Repentance towards God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:21).
2. Believers baptism by total immersion. (Matthew 28:19,20; Romans 6:3,5).
3. Observance of the Lord’s Supper on the first day of the week.(1 Cor. 11:23-28; Acts 2:42; Acts 20:7)
4. Acknowledgment of the headship of Christ by the twofold obedience to the Word:-
(a) Women have heads covered, and remain silent in the public gatherings 1 Cor. 11:5-10; 1 Cor. 14:34; 1 Tim. 2:12.
(b) Men have heads uncovered and are solely responsible to lead in the worship, prayer, preaching and ministry of the word.
1 Cor. 11:3,4; 1 Tim. 2:8.
5. To make known the gospel to others. Matthew 28:19; Phil. 1:27; 1 Cor. 15:1-4.
10:00am – LORD’S SUPPER
12:00pm – SUNDAY SCHOOL (During term time only)
6:30pm – GOSPEL MEETING (Except 2nd Sunday of
each month when there is a GOSPEL TEA at 5:00pm)